Thermoplastic Pipe Engineering
We believe in long-term reliability
Studies have shown that thermoplastic materials can offer potential reductions in installation costs compared to traditional metallic piping systems. This cost savings is largely attributed to the ease of handling, lighter weight, and reduced need for specialized equipment during installation, making thermoplastics an economically attractive choice for many applications.
Thermoplastic piping continues to gain ground as an alternate material of construction for piping applications in corrosive services, and is increasingly being installed in more demanding chemical processes. There are a wide variety of thermoplastic materials, including vinyls, like PVC and CPVC, polyolefins like HDPE, and fluoropolymers, like PVDF, ECTFE and FEP. Each has unique behavior as a piping material of construction. It’s only “Plastic Piping”, right??? Don’t be fooled!
There are still common needs for thermoplastic systems to be reliable:
- Selecting the best material for the application.
- Understanding the material behavior and needs for reliable performance.
- Thermal expansion can be significant and should be evaluated.
- Formal pipe stress analysis may be required for more demanding applications.
- Soils and burial requirements may vary by material.
- Allowable stresses vary with operating temperature.
Sound engineering marks the foundation of every project. Don’t get caught off-guard with a failure. Where nonmetallic equipment is involved, expertise and experience are essential to project success. You want engineers who are nationally renowned for their expertise in thermoplastic materials, and piping systems. At Maverick, we take pride in our history of success, and offer you consistently reliable and innovative solutions.