Baja Mining, Mexico
- Maverick was responsible for the FRP engineering and technical support for nearly all FRP equipment required for the new construction of a copper metal processing plant. This included technical evaluation and inspection of vendor calculations, and drawings for technical merit and project compliance of over 200 pieces of FRP equipment (including 30,000 m of FRP piping). Detailed engineering, analysis and analytical testing was performed to facilitate and support the project. Maverick also provided continuous on-site insections of site installation contractors.
Molycorp Minerals, CA
- Maverick provided FRP engineering and technical consulting for the new construction of a rare earth mineral processing plant. The technical support involved assistance with vendor selection including shop audits to evaluate vendor capabilities and quality, drawing review for compliance and in-process inspection. FRP engineering involved the evaluation of acceptable nozzle loadings on FRP tanks and pipe stress analysis of system piping. Maverick also supplied supports for pipe sizes ranging from 2 inches through 18 inches.
Vale Inco, Newfoundland, Canada
- Maverick provided the FRP engineering and technical support for nearly all FRP equipment for new construction of a nickel metal processing plant. The effort included technical evaluation and inspection of FRP equipment, vendor calculations, drawings for technical merit and project compliance of over 400 pieces of FRP equipment (storage tanks, process vessels, pressure vessels, stacks and scrubbers and 60,000 meters of FRP piping). Detailed engineering and analysis was performed as necessary on technical data to facilitate and support the project. Maverick also provided over 13,000 supports from 1 inch to 36 inches in diameter.
Xstrata Copper, Chile
- Maverick provided the FRP engineering, construction drawings and technical guidance for replacing failed PVC piping with FRP piping for the electrowinning pump piping and distribution headers. The effort also included writing material and fabrication specifications.
- Maverick provided site inspection services for all FRP process vessels and piping of gas cleaning systems of two sulfuric acid plants.
Do you want to learn more about FRP practices? Have lunch on us, while we expand your knowledge of nonmetallic equipment. Our team can meet in person or schedule a webinar.
We believe in solving root causes, not patching issues
Equipment design and integrated system solutions for corrosive applications to ensure reliability and productivity.
Inspection of nonmetallic equipment, in order to make informed decisions on equipment maintenance and to maximize system performance.
Design and supply of supports to ensure the safety and long-term reliability of FRP and thermoplastic piping systems.
In-depth physical and analytical testing of nonmetallic materials for material validation and failure investigation.