Alabama Power Company, AL
- Maverick engineers reviewed the FRP chimney liner calculations for a 38 foot diameter chimney liner in a 675 foot tall chimney.
Alabama River Pulp Company/Alabama Pine Pulp Company, AL
- Maverick provided the comprehensive engineering for a Cluster Rule Project, which included ClO2 scrubber and collection system design, detailed engineering, construction specification and drawings.
Allegheny Energy Supply, WV
- Maverick designed and engineered the FRP supports for a 26 foot diameter duct.
- Maverick designed three 26 foot chimney liners for a 542 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
Allied New Technologies, FL
- Maverick provided QA inspection services on site during the abrasive blasting of concrete cells, the priming of the prepared surfaces and the application of FRP laminate to protect the surfaces from contact with process fluids.
American Electric Power Corporation, OH
- Maverick designed a chimney liner measuring over 32 feet for an 800 foot tall chimney which also included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
- Maverick designed the FRP chimney liners for an 838 foot chimney (one flue being over 30 feet diameter and one flue being nearly 25 feet in diameter), including finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
- Maverick provided the FRP engineering, finite element analysis and onsite construction technical support for the design and installation of FRP internal components for a 95 foot diameter Jet Bubble Reactor. Onsite technical support included field verification of design elements, resolution of interferences and review of necessary field modifications.
- Maverick engineers designed 350 feet of FRP flue gas duct, 29 feet in diameter. The project also included designing the support system.
- Maverick conducted internal and external FRP inspections for maintenance assessment of FRP chimney liners.
American Electric Power Corporation, WV
- Maverick provided engineering, finite element analysis, technical support and review for an FRP self-supporting spray header. In addition, Maverick also provided shop construction inspections during construction. Maverick also authored a design, material, and fabrication specification.
- Maverick conducted internal and external FRP inspections for maintenance assessment of an FRP chimney liner.
Baja Mining, Mexico
- Maverick was responsible for the FRP engineering and technical support for nearly all FRP equipment required for the new construction of a copper metal processing plant. This included technical evaluation and inspection of vendor calculations, and drawings for technical merit and project compliance of over 200 pieces of FRP equipment (including 30,000 m of FRP piping). Detailed engineering, analysis and analytical testing was performed to facilitate and support the project. Maverick also provided continuous on-site insections of site installation contractors.
Buckeye Power, OH
- Maverick performed a plant audit of FRP piping and pipe support arrangements for FGD Systems and auxiliary piping in the process unit. The plant audit included examining over 2,200 lineal feet of FRP piping ranging from 2 inches to 4 feet in diameter for proper materials of construction, manufacturing quality and compliance with defined installation requirements. Pipe supports were reviewed for sensibility with accepted design practices and methodology. Support construction and functionality were examined for stiffness, load distribution and use of shear collars.
Buckeye Technologies (now Georgia Pacific), FL
- Maverick developed the specifications and quality assurance program for a paper mill, including providing QA inspection services during relining of CLO2 Storage tanks. Maverick also inspected internally several thousand feet of effluent transfer pipe lines along with a number of miscellaneous processing vessels.
Chevron Phillips, TX
- Maverick provided failure investigation and assessment of the remaining service life for a 30 inch to 60 inch diameter cooling tower with FRP distribution piping. The assessment included recording conclusions and making recommendations to improve the life span of the cooling tower.
City of Springfield, IL
- Maverick designed a 15 foot diameter chimney liner for a 455 foot tall chimney, which not only included the design of the chimney liner but also finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
Clean Harbors (now Safety-Kleen), TX
- Maverick engineers provided the specification, design (including pipe stress analysis) and construction drawings for a 72 inch diameter Wet ESP flume collection system.
Dominion Generation, VA
- Maverick engineers designed a 29 foot diameter chimney liner for a 390 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and design of the support rings.
Dow Chemical, Saudi Arabia
- Maverick provided critical FRP engineering and stress analysis of over five kilometers of buried and above ground piping.
Duke Energy, FL
- Maverick performed an internal inspection of four underground storage vessels to assess the condition of the tanks and to project the remaining and reliable service life.
Duke Energy, NC
- Maverick engineers designed two chimney liners (each over 29 feet in diameter) for a 365 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
Eli Lilly and Company, IN
- Maverick provided the engineering and detailed design of a dust and vapor collection duct system from 16 inches to 7 feet in diameter.
Florida Power & Light, FL
- Maverick designed FRP piping and pipe supports for the Intake Structure Seawater Screen Wash System, 150 PSI.
Florida Power Corporation, FL
- Maverick designed and supervised the installation of the Seawater Circulation and Distribution System for a 36-cell forced cooling tower with FRP piping ranging from 10 inches to 9 feet in diameter. We also designed the O-Ring gasketed joint system for main distribution piping.
Fortron Industries, NC
- Maverick provided the engineering and design for a rectangular FRP treatment tank in a water treatment plant expansion.
Georgia Power Company, GA
- Maverick designed, engineered and provided the pipe supports for 20 inch to 9 foot FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system.
- Maverick developed an FRP quality assurance program for the plant site and provided resident FRP inspection services to oversee and observe field fabrication of large diameter vertically wound FRP shells for scrubbers and chimney liners.
Indianapolis Power & Light, IN
- Maverick designed a 26 foot diameter liner for a 565 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
- Maverick engineers evaluated and performed the pipe stress analysis of Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) slurry and process piping for optimization of system stresses and definition of appropriate pipe supports for each application. Additional services included the specification of expansion joints, design of supplementary steel and design and supply of precision pipe supports required for system modifications.
Infilco Degremont, IN
- For this water treatment plant, Maverick performed extensive pipe stress analysis and supplied pipe supports ranging in size from 2 inches to 8 inches in diameter.
International Paper, VA
- Maverick did the engineering and detailed design of an FRP Exhaust Stack. The rectangular stack required engineering by Finite Element Analysis (FEA) methods to ensure safe operation under thermal expansion and heavy wind loads.
- Maverick provided the engineering design for JEA which included material specification, pipe stress analysis, design of pipe supports and supplementary steel and development of complete construction drawings for the installation of a 4 inch to 18 inch diameter FRP River Water System.
Kentucky Utilities, KY
- Maverick designed and supplied pipe supports for 16 inch to 5 foot diameter FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system retrofit.
Lafarge North America, MI
- Maverick engineered and designed a 130 foot tall, 12 foot diameter FRP stack.
- Maverick provided shop surveillance, inspections and technical evaluation of 10 kilometers of 6 inch diameter high pressure FRP piping for seawater supply to a desalination plant.
Molycorp Minerals, CA
- Maverick provided FRP engineering and technical consulting for the new construction of a rare earth mineral processing plant. The technical support involved assistance with vendor selection including shop audits to evaluate vendor capabilities and quality, drawing review for compliance and in-process inspection. FRP engineering involved the evaluation of acceptable nozzle loadings on FRP tanks and pipe stress analysis of system piping. Maverick also supplied supports for pipe sizes ranging from 2 inches through 18 inches.
- Maverick provided QA inspection services on site for 24 hour coverage of steel tank re-lining with FRP beginning with abrasive blasting to final post cure. The project included a review of the Monsanto specifications for relining steel vessels, Inspector verification of abrasive white metal blast profile, thickness checks of applied primer, nozzle inserts, QA of the applied laminate, spark testing and final inspection of the completed lining.
- Maverick provided QA inspection services for FRP piping while being fabricated and performed final inspection of the piping including witness of final pressure testing with Acoustic Emission monitoring.
- Maverick provided QA inspection services for FRP tanks while being fabricated and performed final inpection of the tank including witness of pressure testing with Acoustic Emission monitoring.
Montgomery County Municipal Utilities
- Maverick performed piping engineering design and calculations for PVC piping in a transfer pumping station for a water treatment facility.
Occidental Chemical, KS
- Maverick performed the engineering evaluation and pipe stress analysis of an FRP duct system for upgrading a critical wet chlorine gas unit running throughout the plant. The task included developing a reliable pipe support arrangement to manage thermal expansion and proving pipe supports for the project which consisted of ductwork from one foot to 46 inches in diameter.
- Maverick did the failure investigation of a 14 inch diameter dual laminate pipe and elbow, which had failed in service. Diagnostic evaluation, forensic examination and material testing were conducted to determine the root cause of the failure.
Occidental Chemical, TX
- Maverick performed the pipe stress analysis of Chlorine Cell process piping for optimization of system stresses and minimization of expansion joints. Additional services included evaluating existing support structures for new loads, designing new structures and design and supply of precision pipe supports.
Pennsylvania Power & Light, PA
- Maverick designed a 30 foot diameter chimney liner for a 600 foot tall chimney. The project included the design of the chimney liner, finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
Pennzoil Products Company, PA
- Maverick provided the engineering and field quality assurance during the installation of a Wastewater Treatment System which utilized pressure piping from 16 inch to 2 feet in diameter.
Progress Energy, FL
- This nuclear power plant uses an an FRP cooling water system. Maverick did the pipe stress analysis on the ball circulation and collection system, evaluated the existing support structures for new loads and designed and supplied the precision pipe supports.
Samsung Engineering, Philippines
- Maverick provided detailed engineering of FRP pressure vessels for a chemical processing plant . Pressure vessels were 1m diameter and designed in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section X, for a 100 psi internal pressure with wind and seismic occasional loading. Due to internal structures, large nozzles and substantial nozzles loadings, the pressure vessel design was confirmed using finite element analysis as required by the Code.
Smurfit Stone Container Corporation, AL
- Maverick provided the engineering and design for fabrication of a 66 inch diameter pressure pipe, including supports, for an effluent discharge application. The pipeline involved an installation with full burial and truck loading, areas of partial burial, ground water and three overhead creek crossings.
Southmost Regional Water Authority, TX
- Maverick performed detailed pipe stress analysis for microfiltration and reverse osmosis systems which included transfer piping for project material and cost evaluations, giving consideration to stainless steel and FRP piping materials for the seawater and brackish water applications.
Tampa Electric Company, FL
- Maverick engineered and designed FRP piping, structures and supports for a slag dewatering system.
Tennessee Valley Authority, AL
- Maverick designed and supplied pipe supports for 10 to 54 inch diameter FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system retrofit.
Tennessee Valley Authority, TN
- Maverick performed the engineering evaluation of existing structures for adequacy and also designed new and modified pipe support structures. Also included were the design and supply of pipe supports for 36 inch diameter FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system retrofit.
Vale Inco, Newfoundland, Canada
- Maverick provided the FRP engineering and technical support for nearly all FRP equipment for new construction of a nickel metal processing plant. The effort included technical evaluation and inspection of FRP equipment, vendor calculations, drawings for technical merit and project compliance of over 400 pieces of FRP equipment (storage tanks, process vessels, pressure vessels, stacks and scrubbers and 60,000 meters of FRP piping). Detailed engineering and analysis was performed as necessary on technical data to facilitate and support the project. Maverick also provided over 13,000 supports from 1 inch to 36 inches in diameter.
Water Authority, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Maverick provided FRP consulting services for a desalination facility, which provides drinking water for public use. Maverick performed a vendor calculation review, site QA inspections and technical support of project piping and process equipment, including pressure vessels.
WE Energies, WI
- Maverick designed two 25 foot diameter chimney liners (with two breeches per flue) for a 550 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
WV DEP lays out long-term chemical tank safety plans
- According to a report in the Charleston Gazette, the West Virginia DEP’s new “law requires all tanks to be registered with the DEP and sets up requirements for tank safety, spill prevention and response, and inspections. The initial tank safety certifications, due by Jan. 1, 2015, will be conducted under a separate rule the DEP issued to ease that process.”
Xstrata Copper, Chile
- Maverick provided the FRP engineering, construction drawings and technical guidance for replacing failed PVC piping with FRP piping for the electrowinning pump piping and distribution headers. The effort also included writing material and fabrication specifications.
- Maverick provided site inspection services for all FRP process vessels and piping of gas cleaning systems of two sulfuric acid plants.
Do you want to learn more about FRP practices? Have lunch on us, while we expand your knowledge of nonmetallic equipment. Our team can meet in person or schedule a webinar.
We believe in solving root causes, not patching issues
Equipment design and integrated system solutions for corrosive applications to ensure reliability and productivity.
Inspection of nonmetallic equipment, in order to make informed decisions on equipment maintenance and to maximize system performance.
Design and supply of supports to ensure the safety and long-term reliability of FRP and thermoplastic piping systems.
In-depth physical and analytical testing of nonmetallic materials for material validation and failure investigation.