Allegheny Energy Supply, WV
- Maverick designed and engineered the FRP supports for a 26 foot diameter duct.
- Maverick designed three 26 foot chimney liners for a 542 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
Clean Harbors (now Safety-Kleen), TX
- Maverick engineers provided the specification, design (including pipe stress analysis) and construction drawings for a 72 inch diameter Wet ESP flume collection system.
Georgia Power Company, GA
- Maverick designed, engineered and provided the pipe supports for 20 inch to 9 foot FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system.
- Maverick developed an FRP quality assurance program for the plant site and provided resident FRP inspection services to oversee and observe field fabrication of large diameter vertically wound FRP shells for scrubbers and chimney liners.
Indianapolis Power & Light, IN
- Maverick designed a 26 foot diameter liner for a 565 foot tall chimney which included finite element analysis verification, modal analysis and detailed design of chimney liner components.
- Maverick engineers evaluated and performed the pipe stress analysis of Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) slurry and process piping for optimization of system stresses and definition of appropriate pipe supports for each application. Additional services included the specification of expansion joints, design of supplementary steel and design and supply of precision pipe supports required for system modifications.
Infilco Degremont, IN
- For this water treatment plant, Maverick performed extensive pipe stress analysis and supplied pipe supports ranging in size from 2 inches to 8 inches in diameter.
Kentucky Utilities, KY
- Maverick designed and supplied pipe supports for 16 inch to 5 foot diameter FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system retrofit.
Occidental Chemical, KS
- Maverick performed the engineering evaluation and pipe stress analysis of an FRP duct system for upgrading a critical wet chlorine gas unit running throughout the plant. The task included developing a reliable pipe support arrangement to manage thermal expansion and proving pipe supports for the project which consisted of ductwork from one foot to 46 inches in diameter.
- Maverick did the failure investigation of a 14 inch diameter dual laminate pipe and elbow, which had failed in service. Diagnostic evaluation, forensic examination and material testing were conducted to determine the root cause of the failure.
Occidental Chemical, TX
- Maverick performed the pipe stress analysis of Chlorine Cell process piping for optimization of system stresses and minimization of expansion joints. Additional services included evaluating existing support structures for new loads, designing new structures and design and supply of precision pipe supports.
Progress Energy, FL
- This nuclear power plant uses an an FRP cooling water system. Maverick did the pipe stress analysis on the ball circulation and collection system, evaluated the existing support structures for new loads and designed and supplied the precision pipe supports.
Smurfit Stone Container Corporation, AL
- Maverick provided the engineering and design for fabrication of a 66 inch diameter pressure pipe, including supports, for an effluent discharge application. The pipeline involved an installation with full burial and truck loading, areas of partial burial, ground water and three overhead creek crossings.
Tennessee Valley Authority, AL
- Maverick designed and supplied pipe supports for 10 to 54 inch diameter FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system retrofit.
Tennessee Valley Authority, TN
- Maverick performed the engineering evaluation of existing structures for adequacy and also designed new and modified pipe support structures. Also included were the design and supply of pipe supports for 36 inch diameter FRP piping for an FGD absorber recycle system retrofit.
Join our email list to receive updates and have industry-relevant educational content sent right to your inbox!
Do you want to learn more about FRP practices? Have lunch on us, while we expand your knowledge of nonmetallic equipment. Our team can meet in person or schedule a webinar.
We believe in solving root causes, not patching issues
Inspection of nonmetallic equipment, in order to make informed decisions on equipment maintenance and to maximize system performance.
Design and supply of supports to ensure the safety and long-term reliability of FRP and thermoplastic piping systems.
In-depth physical and analytical testing of nonmetallic materials for material validation and failure investigation.
Investigative engineering service to the property and casualty insurance industry, legal community, risk management and other industries.