Desalination and Seawater
Florida Power & Light, FL
- Maverick designed FRP piping and pipe supports for the Intake Structure Seawater Screen Wash System, 150 PSI.
- Maverick provided shop surveillance, inspections and technical evaluation of 10 kilometers of 6 inch diameter high pressure FRP piping for seawater supply to a desalination plant.
Samsung Engineering, Philippines
- Maverick provided detailed engineering of FRP pressure vessels for a chemical processing plant . Pressure vessels were 1m diameter and designed in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section X, for a 100 psi internal pressure with wind and seismic occasional loading. Due to internal structures, large nozzles and substantial nozzles loadings, the pressure vessel design was confirmed using finite element analysis as required by the Code.
Southmost Regional Water Authority, TX
- Maverick performed detailed pipe stress analysis for microfiltration and reverse osmosis systems which included transfer piping for project material and cost evaluations, giving consideration to stainless steel and FRP piping materials for the seawater and brackish water applications.
Water Authority, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Maverick provided FRP consulting services for a desalination facility, which provides drinking water for public use. Maverick performed a vendor calculation review, site QA inspections and technical support of project piping and process equipment, including pressure vessels.
Join our email list to receive updates and have industry-relevant educational content sent right to your inbox!
Do you want to learn more about FRP practices? Have lunch on us, while we expand your knowledge of nonmetallic equipment. Our team can meet in person or schedule a webinar.
We believe in solving root causes, not patching issues
Inspection of nonmetallic equipment, in order to make informed decisions on equipment maintenance and to maximize system performance.
Design and supply of supports to ensure the safety and long-term reliability of FRP and thermoplastic piping systems.
In-depth physical and analytical testing of nonmetallic materials for material validation and failure investigation.
Investigative engineering service to the property and casualty insurance industry, legal community, risk management and other industries.